Weather in Malta:
Għarb is a village located at the western part of the island of Gozo with a population of 1,160 people. Its ancient roots can be seen at the centre of the village where some houses have fine examples of decorated stone balconies. The baroque parish church was built between 1699 and 1729, having an elegant facade, which has been compared with the Church of Saint Agnes in Piazza Navona, Rome. The feast dedicated to the Visitation of Our Lady is celebrated on the first Sunday of July.
Within the limits of Għarb is the Chapel of San Dimitri which, according to legend, was the first chapel built on the cliff side by a woman whose son was freed from captivity by St. Demetrius. Nearby is the Basilica of Ta' Pinu, Malta's pre-eminent shrine to the Virgin Mary. Many locals and tourists visit the shrine, which over the years as miracles were attributed to the grace of Our Lady of The Assumption.
In the typical village square one can visit the folklore museum housing all sorts of memorabilia retelling the Islands' rural history. Għarb lies in some of Gozo's most scenic countryside, particularly at Dbiegi, which is the centre for Gozitan crafts.
Malta Rural Tourism, 29, Abate Rigord Street, Ta' Xbieb XBX1128, Malta. | T: 00356 27041161 | email@example.com