Weather in Malta:
Munxar lies on the southern side of Gozo and has a population of 1,019 residents. The English translation for the word Munxar is bucksaw, taking its name from the two valleys running parallel from the village.
The first records that were found recording Munxar dates back to the sixteenth century in a census. At the time the village had a population of around 200 inhabitants and it used to form part of the village Sannat. Remains of a megalithic temple were found in limits of ta’ Marziena and documented evidence reveals the existence of three other chapels, now completely demolished.
The parish church, a small baroque temple built from the typical Maltese stone, is dedicated to St. Paul. Bishop Giuseppe Pace established Munxar as a parish church in 1957 thus making Munxar the last village in Gozo to become an autonomous parish. The feast officially falls on the 10th of February, which is also a national public holiday on the Maltese Islands however the outside festivities are celebrated on the third Sunday of each May.
Malta Rural Tourism, 29, Abate Rigord Street, Ta' Xbieb XBX1128, Malta. | T: 00356 27041161 | email@example.com